Saturday, December 1, 2012

hey all, new update here.

This weeks been a pretty tough week emotionally/mentally. Had bad news with our fertility stuff and we wont be able to try again now so all our eggs are still in my basket and at a slight risk of going off before we get a chance to use them.

I start chemo on the 18th of this month and have to do it once every 3 weeks for 6 cycles. Once thats all done I move onto radio therapy and start a 5 year plan of tamoxifen. Not too happy about the 5 year treatment but I guess I gotta do what the doctors think is best to minimise the risk of recurrence. After all the treatments are done he said the risk should drop to just below 25% which to me still seems pretty damn high. But I'm not the doctor so I have to trust in them.

I'm sorry if I seem to be cutting people out, just sometimes I feel like being around people and sometimes I just like to be by myself.

My arm is slowly but surely getting better, the pain is minimising and I think the sensation is returning is small bits. I've ended up with a slight infection in my axillary incision (2 for 2 on post surgery infections yay me).

More tests coming up next week a PET scan on Monday, a gated heart scan and blood tests on Tuesday and more blood tests on Wednesday. Starting to think I look like a bloody junkie for all the needle marks in my elbow lol.

Weight loss has slowed cause as before the sleeve I am an emotional eater (something I really should get sorted) and since I haven't worked since the 7th November I've been pretty sedentary. Gotta get my butt into gear and start doing some light exercise.

Maybe doing Christmas shopping would help ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment