Friday, July 5, 2013

Remember me?

I've fallen off the wagon with writing these things and I now remember why I began this blog. Not only to have a record for myself but to keep all of you out there in the loop so I'm not repeating myself every other moment with people asking where I am in my treatment.

So here we go.

I had minor surgery on Tuesday to remove the last of the cancerous tissue that surrounded my tumor. My 'margins' should now be clear which means there should be no more cancer in what's left of my poor shriveled booby.

I will have another appointment with a radiation oncologist to get measured for my tattoos (itty bitty ones to mark where I'll get zapped) and hopefully the actual radiation will begin early August. I'll be doing between 5 and 7 weeks where I'll be going in each weekday for treatment.

After that I should be cancer free. Hooray!

I got to meet the inspiring Sam Johnson when he traveled into Perth a couple of weeks ago. I felt rejuvenated after speaking with him.

Been keeping myself busy as much as one can but I want to go back to work (just not my work haha).

Last night we went to the opening of the preview exhibition of 'You Are Beautiful' and I gave a short speech about my story and why I was participating. It's weird to have strangers come up to you and say that you're an inspiration, that I made them cry and want to hug you. But if I can help others then its worth it.

My hair is coming back at a snails pace which I am super happy about. I'm enjoying spending time with my dad while he's here for his treatment even if I do hear the same story about him leaving for Kalgoorlie  as soon as his last zapping is done each time I see him.

At the moment I only have one original fingernail left scratch that I now have none. Makes everyday tasks more difficult that's for sure.

Chris and I are enjoying taking the quad bike out and riding. As much as going fast on it scares me its pretty exhilarating at the same time. We just need to get out there more often.

That's my life up to date now I think.

Peace and love.





at the opening last night

my portrait

realising how much makeup makes me feel normal again

gussied up for the P!nk concert
meeting Sam Johnson

me being me




No comments:

Post a Comment