Wednesday, December 12, 2012

amazeballs

been a little while since I've updated, not much has been happening. All the appointments finally slowed down to the point of actually having a full week without any.

Had a very up and down time emotionally in that week but it certainly wasn't the worst I've had so far. Just having periods of meloncholy not for any particular reason for the most part though I have been keeping pretty well.

I have had a load of stress taken off my shoulders by deciding to take a few months off from work, will suck financially for a while but work is just a tad too hectic and considering how many infections etc I've had lately being around dozens of people all day doesn't really appeal.

So for the amazeballs part of the post - most of you (and by most I mean like 95% of you) know that I am doing a fundraising head shave on the 6th January. http://www.mycause.com.au/page/kirbyscloseshave

We've already raised over $2000 in online and offline donations!!! I have been absolutely thrilled with how quickly the amounts went up and how many people have donated money, I know it's not a great time of year to be asking for money but it really does make me feel so loved to see what's coming in. Chris sent the link and an email around his work explaining the situation and they have been amazing, had so many super online donations come in and people giving us cash donations. There is a collection bucket up on site and some of the staff in Melbourne have even organised a raffle.

I asked Chris if he could write a post on my blog for me and he actually went and created his own, http://itsdrabz.blogspot.com.au/  naturally I cried.

Well it's less than a week until chemo starts and I'm starting to feel nervous. No idea why, I sort of know what to expect and I know it wont be painful. More the how I'll feel after is whats eating at me.

I finally hit 25kg lost the other day and I'd like to say I'm feeling better for it but I can't really say that because I know I would probably feel better if it weren't for the cancer. Get rid of one problem to gain another and unfortunately the new one is a lot more serious.

I'm looking forward to Christmas even though my sisters and parents are staying in Kalgoorlie this year (I think it's about time my sisters travelled to Perth for once :P ).

Looking at life like it might be the last time I see that date which I know is a little depressing but when you think about it anything could happen to anyone anytime/anyday so don't wait for something like cancer or illness to come along before you start to live and experience life.

No comments:

Post a Comment