Monday, May 28, 2012

I broke my pants

So here we are on day 3 and I am feeling like crap. I'm having one of those 'fat' days where I feel really horrible about myself and all I really feel like doing is sitting in front of the xbox or tv and eating everything in the pantry and fridge.

These days happen usually a couple of times a month, no particular thing has to happen or it be TTOTM. Today, it happened because the brand new work pants I got last week and have only worn twice have ripped at the zipper. Don't get me wrong they are still wearable, just that the piece of fabric that hides the actual zipper has torn and now the zip is exposed.

Not such a big deal I can hear you saying but to me it is. The pants I had to order are 2 sizes larger than I normally buy being taller in stature than a lot of women my weight makes it hard to buy pants the right length. For some unknown reason I think clothing companies think fat women are short and hence make their pants about 2 inches too short for me.

Anyway enough of my crummy feelings of self loathing I have decided to try and shed a few kilos (preferrably from my middle and not the bosom) in the hopes of my pants fitting me well enough until my surgery.

Did I mention I was getting a sleeve gastrectomy in August? If I haven't I am.

I am going to try the dreaded shake diet, I know these things are pretty much total garbage but I think that if I am only able to have these shakes and a light protein rich dinner I should be able to knock a couple of kg off and make my pants more comfortable.

Getting sidetracked here but I saw one of the more adorable dogs ever at a customers work shop today. He and his wife and minding their sons Dogue de Bordeaux (think Turner and Hooch) while he and his wife are away for 5 weeks. Butterfly Bella has to be the most placid friendly dog I have ever met, she came up for a sniff and a cuddle then went back and laid on her bed. She got the name butterfly from white markings on her chest that look like a butterfly.

I think if I were a fan of large dogs that would probably be a breed I would go for, sadly they have such short life expectancies.

It's getting late now and I want to go to bed and read a little as I find I sleep a lot better when I have read before sleeping. At the moment I am right into Karin Slaughter books and after finishing the Grant County series I am onto the Atlanta books with Will Trent. Triptych was really good, I enjoyed the writing from both Will Trent and John Shelleys perspectives. Fractured has been enjoyable and I am about a third of the way through.

When my sister passed I received her Kindle as we were both avid book readers (I hadn't been reading as often as I would have liked as paperbacks were getting a little expensive and waiting 3 weeks for Borders to ship to Australia was really starting to bug me) and since getting it at the start of the year I have read about 20 novels. Sadly I am one of 'those' people that actually enjoy Danielle Steele books but thankfully have only bought one so far, a lot of the ones I have previously read have been borrowed from my grandmother. Crime/thrillers also enthral me even though I struggle to understand a lot of the medical jargon in the Kathy Reichs Bones series. I would love to read the Stephanie Plum books but unfortunately it seems Amazons Australia Kindle service thought it would be a good idea to release the books in reverse order and I really don't want to start at book 18 and work backwards.

I can see that there have been a few views of this page since I posted the first entry the other night and I hope that I am entertaining you or at least giving you a break from whatever it is you have been doing.

Night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment